HOME ~ Contact us
(Sir) Hugh de VENABLES III and Margery Cotton
(Sir) Hugh de VENABLES III. Eighth Baron of Kinderton. Sheriff of Cheshire
Born about 1330; son of Hugh de VENABLES II and Katherine de HOUGHTON. He was of Kinderton, Cheshire, England.
He married (1) Ellen de HUXLEIGH in 1363.
He was sheriff in 1378.
He married (2) Margery de COTTON.
He died in 1382-1383 (6 Ric II).
Ellen de HUXLEIGH.
Daughter of Robert de HUXLEIGH.
She married Hugh de VENABLES.
CHILDREN of (Sir) Hugh de VENABLES III and Ellen de HUXLEIGH:
- Richard de VENABLES. Died without issue.
- William de VENABLES. Died without issue.
Born (about 1330-S2)(about 1335-S2) at Cotton Rudeth (Rudheath); daughter of (Perkin-S1)(Hugh-S1,S2) de Cotton.
She married Hugh de VENABLES in 1363.
She was living in the year 3 Hen IV.
She died after 1398 at Wilbraham, Cheshire, England.
CHILDREN of (Sir) Hugh de VENABLES III and Margery COTTON:
- Sir Richard de Venables of Kinderton. Born in 1364 at Kinderton. He married Isabel de Langton, dau of Rawlin de Langton of Newton and Walton. He died on 23 July 1403. He was taken prisoner at the Battle of Shrewsbury, and was beheaded afterwards.
- Thomas Venables of Horton in Hartford. Aancestor of Venables of Horton and Ayton. He was born about 1368 at Kinderton, Cheshire, England.
- William Venables, later of Golborne (Constable of Chester). Born about 1367 at Kinderton. He married Blanche (BROWE?)
- Ellen Venables. She married Thomas Erdeswick
- Emily or Angella Venables. This is probably the Amilia who married Sir William Brereton in 1386, who is shown by Ormerod as being of 2 generations earlier. She married (unknown) in 1391.
- Isabel Venables. She married David Egerton, son of Philip.
- Margery Venables. Born about 1365-1369 at Kinderton, Cheshire, England. She married (1) Richard Bulkeley of Cheadle, in 1385. He died in 1390. She married (2) Randle Mainwaring of Over Peover (b c1368, d 1456), in (1392-S2)(1393-S1) at Kinderton. Margery died in 1448.
- [S1]. FAMILIES DATABASE. SECTION III - BRITISH FAMILIES - MEDIEVAL, RENAISSANCE & MODERN. http://www.stirnet.com/HTML/genie/british/uv/venables01.htm
- [S2]. Venable Family, 1050 - 1463. http://freepages.genealogy.rootsweb.com/~dav4is/ODTs/VENABLE.shtml
- [S3]. COTTON pedigree. http://freepages.genealogy.rootsweb.com/~dav4is/Pedigrees/COTTON.shtml
- [S4]. VENABLES OF KINDERTON. http://www.thornber.net/cheshire/htmlfiles/venables.html