HOME ~ Contact us
Nathaniel Rand and Elizabeth Marden
Nathaniel RAND. [PC T4-13].
Born (in 1663-S2,S3,S4,S9)(1669-S7,S8)(about 1670-S??) at Oyster River (now Durham), Strafford County, New Hampshire; son of John RAND and Remembrance AULT. (S5,S7)
He married Elizabeth MARDEN (in DEC 1701-S1,S3,S4,S5). This was said to have been in Rockingham, Massachusetts (S9), but Rockingham County, New Hampshire must be correct.
He is often said to have died in the Indian massacre at Rye, New Hampshire on 29 SEP 1691(S2,S3,S4), however, I believe that it was his uncle, also named Nathaniel, who died in that massacre.
He died (in 1758-S7) at (New Castle, Rockingham County, New Hampshire-S2,S4,S9)
He was buried before 9 April 1759.(S2,S3,S4,S9). [This is apparently when his will was probated, which is further indication that he lived beyond 1691].
Elizabeth MARDEN. [PC T4-14].
Born (in 1673-S3,S7,S8,S9)(in 1687-S3,S4) at (Rye-S3,S6,S7,S9)(Newcastle-S3,S4), Rockingham County, New Hampshire; daughter of John MARDEN and Rachel BERRY.
She married Nathaniel RAND in DEC 1701 in Rockingham County, New Hampshire.
She died after 9 April 1759 at Newcastle, New Hampshire.(S9).[Which means that she was apparently surviving when Nathanielís will was probated].
CHILDREN of Nathaniel RAND and Elizabeth MARDEN:
- Amos RAND. [PC T4]. Born about 1703-1705 at Dover, Stratford County, New Hampshire. He married Ester PHILBRICK in 1726-7 in Rockingham County, New Hampshire . He died 15 SEP 1740 Rockingham County, New Hampshire.
- Elizabeth RAND. Born about 1701/1707 (2 AUG 1716) at Rye, Rockingham County, NH. She married James PHILBRICK, son of Ebenezer PHILBRICK and Bethia MOULTON, in 1734 in Rockingham County, New Hampshire.
- Sarah RAND. Born about 1702/1708 at Rye, Rockingham County, NH. She married Jeremiah JORDAN on 28 JAN 1724/1725 in Rockingham County, NH.
- Joshua RAND. Born on 25 DEC 1703 (1712) at Rye,Rockingham County, New Hampshire. He married Ruth PHILBRICK in 1729 in Rockingham County, NH. He married Mary NOBLE on 24 FEB 1734, ,Rockingham,NH. He married Mary MOSES. [Check to see if these are correct].
- John RAND. Born about 1706 at Rye, Rockingham County, New Hampshire.
- Nathaniel RAND. Born in 1713 at Rye,Rockingham County, New Hampshire. It is also said that he is the one who married Mary NOBLE on 24 FEB 1734.
- [S1]. LDS Special Collections, Film #184790.
- [S2]. From Ancestral File (TM), data as of 2 January 1996. http://www.msu.edu/~ereksonj/famhist/Leavitt/D0005/I1832.html
- [S3]. http://www.shaweb.net/GenWeb/WebHist/Pedigree/8679.htm
- [S4]. Mark Pilling Family History. http://www.eoni.com/~paf/pilling/pilg149.htm and http://www.eoni.com/~paf/pilling/pilg226.htm#7897
- [S5]. http://freepages.genealogy.rootsweb.com/~dickmarston/Hampton/D0004/G0000025.html#I21199 and http://freepages.genealogy.rootsweb.com/~dickmarston/Hampton/D0020/G0000004.html
- [S6]. http://www.mormonhaven.com/genealogy/g179.html#I1791 and http://www.mormonhaven.com/genealogy/g087.html#I871
- [S7]. http://www.eaglequestpro.com/ray/dat19.html#13
- [S8]. http://carloulton.htmlplanet.com/carl/00/T00D0.HTM and http://carloulton.htmlplanet.com/carl/00/T00D1.HTM
- [S9]. Mark Pilling Family History. http://www.eoni.com/~paf/Heather_Web/leavittsurname/pafg35.htm