Henry Phelps and Eleanor Sharp
Henry PHELPS. [Ancestors].
Henry is said to (probably-S1) be the father of Edward PHELPS.
Born in 1595 in (London, England)( Longdon, Warwickshire, England-S3); son of John PHELPS.
Henry married Eleanor SHARP. He is also said (S2) to have married (2) Hanna BESSET about 1620 in London, England; however if he had the five children, as indicated, by his wife Eleanor, that seems very improbable.
He died in Salem, Essex County, Massachusetts.
Eleanor SHARP. [Ancestors].
Born in 1595 in (London, England)( Longdon, Warwickshire, England-S3); daughter of Samuel SHARP [F31362]. (S2).
She married Henry PHELPS.
Source 2 also says that she married (2) Thomas TRESLER about 1629 in London, England. The fact that both she and Henry died in Salem, Massachusetts seems to indicate that this cannot be true.
She died on 15 Feb 1655 at Salem, Essex County, Massachusetts. (S2,S3); and was buried before 13 Mar 1654 at Salem, Essex, Massachusetts. (S2). [Note S2 has the burial before the death].
CHILDREN of Henry PHELPS [F15680]:
- Henry PHELPS. Born about 1619 in England, possibly in Essex. He married Anna TRESLER about 1644 in England.
- Edward PHELPS. [Ancestors]. Born about 1620 in England; possibly the son of Henry. He married Elizabeth ADAMS about 1651, probably at Newbury, Massachusetts. He died 3 October 1689 at Andover, Essex County, Massachusetts.
- Nicholas PHELPS. Born about 1624 in England, possibly in Essex. He married (1) Hannah PASSETT about 1649 in England. He married (2) Hannah BASSETT.
- (daughter) PHELPS. Born about 1626 in England, possibly in Essex.
- (child) PHELPS. Born about 1628 in England.
- [S1]. http://www.imt.net/~toss/Phelps.html
- [S2]. http://www.howellresearch.com/d0046/g0000047.html
- [S3]. Ancestors of Craig M Sharrow. http://www.sharrow.com/genealogy/legacy_website/Craig_Ancestors/ancestors/a13.htm#i1822