Robert Page and Lucy Ward
He was born in 1604 at Ormsby, Norfolk, England; son of Robert PAGE and Margaret GOODWIN. He married Lucy WARD on 8 October 1629 at South Walsham, England.
He was marshal of Norfolkshire.
He came to New England in 1637 with his wife and son Francis, two daughters, Margaret and Susanna, and two hired servants. They settled in Salem, Massachusetts. They next settled at Hampton, Rockingham County, New Hampshire. Robert was made a freeman there on 18 MAY 1642. He was elected a member of the first board of selectmen in 1647, and reelected in 1652, 1655, 1659, 1667 and 1670. He was a member of the General Assembly in 1657, and again in 1668. He built the first sawmill at Hampton. One report says it was the first in this country. In 1659 his tax in Hampton was the highest, with 76 other persons being taxed, and it amounted to one-twentieth of the total. He was the only deacon of the church there for more than twenty years.
He died (26-S2?)(22-S1,S3) September 1679 at Hampton, Rockingham County, New Hampshire, at age 75.
Born about MAR 1604-1605 at Filby, Norfolk, England; daughter of Francis WARDE and Susannah BROWN. She was christened 13 March 1604-1605 at Filby, England. She married Robert PAGE on 8 October 1629 at South Walsham, England. She died 12 November 1665 at Hampton, Rockingham County, New Hampshire.
CHILDREN of Robert PAGE and Lucy WARD:
- Margaret PAGE. Born in 1629 in England. She came to New England with her family in 1637, and settled with them in Salem, Massachusetts. She married (1) in 1651 William MOULTON. She married (2) John SANBORN, as his second wife; son of John Sanborn and Anne Batchelder.
- Susannah PAGE. Born (in 1631)(about 1635-S4) in Norfolk, England. She came to New England with her family and settled with them in Salem, Massachusetts. She married Thomas GLESSON. She died (1632-S4) at Hampton, Rockingham County ,New Hampshire. [Note that S4 has her death before her birth, and rather indicates that she died young, but then has her married, emigrated to New England, and died there. Check on the marriage. If that is valid, that will clear up a lot.]
- Francis PAGE. Born in 1633 in England. He came to New England with his family in 1637, and settled with them in Salem, Massachusetts. He married Meribah SMITH.
- Rebecca PAGE. Born in 1636. She married William MARSTON, Jr..
- [F7474]. Thomas PAGE. Born in 1639 in Hampton, Rockingham County, New Hampshire. He married 2 FEB 1664 Mary HUSSEY. They established a homestead on the Exeter road in North Hampton, also called Pagetown, in which the family lived for many generations. He died 6 SEP 1686 at Hampton, Rockingham County, New Hampshire.
- Hannah PAGE. Born in 1641 in Hampton, Rockingham County, New Hampshire. She married Henry DOW.
- [F3807] Sabina PAGE. Born about 1640. She married William MARSTON [F3806].
- Mary PAGE. Born in 1644, probably at Hampton, Rockingham County, New Hampshire.
- [S1]. History and Genealogy of the Page Family from the Year 1257 to the Present, with a Brief History and Genealogy of the Allied Families Nash and Peck. By Chas. N. Page. Des Moines, IA.
- [S2]. The Reverend John Graham of Woodbury, Connecticut and His Descendants. by Helen Graham Carpenter. 1942. The Monastery Hill Press:Chicago, Ill.
- [S3]. http://www.genpc.com/gen/files/d0067/f0000003.html
- [S4]. http://www.genpc.com/gen/files/d0015/f0000008.html
- [S5]. http://www.genpc.com/gen/files/d0065/f0000005.html#I12884