HOME ~ Contact us
OILIALLA, Son of Siorna
OILIALLA. (Oilioll Olchaoin mac Siorna). King of Ireland, King Of Leinster.
Son of SIORNA (Siorna Saoghalach mac Dian)(Sírna Sáeglach)(The Long Lived One-S9), 34th King of Ireland.
NAMES AND TITLES:
(Latin: Olillus Olchaonus-S5),
(Eochaid)(Eochaid = Knight) (S7).
(Eochaid II) ?
(the Heremon). [Heremon is a title = horse man of all Ireland].
He is often confused with Heremon, of a century earlier.
Traditions of Ireland say that he married TAMA TEPHI. If true, this would indicate that he lived at about the time of King Zedekiah, King of Judah. Tama (Tamar), the daughter of Zedekiah, was taken to Egypt by the prophet Jeremaiah after the destruction of Jerusalem in 587BC. Shortly thereafter, according to the legends, Jeremiah took her to Ireland, where they arrived about (569BC)(585BC). (S1).
It is difficult to determine the precise dating of Oilialla.
The Annals of the Four Masters dates him to about the Age of the World 4100 (S4), which is equated to about 1023-1014 BC.
The chronology of Geoffrey Keating's Foras Feasa ar Éirinn dates his reign to (787 B.C.-S9).
However, lets take a look at the Annals of the Four Masters dates. According to the Annals, Oilialla lived about year of the world 4150 (Anno Mundi). Also according to the Annals, the years of the flood was 2242 Anno Mundi. 4150 minus 2242 equals 1908, which indicates that Oilialla lived approximaley 1900 years after the flood. Using my best estimate of the flood to have begun in 2343BC gives Oilialla an approximate date of 443BC (2343 minus 1900 equals 443). This is still about 144 years after the 587BC year of the destruction of Jerusalem, but it is closer to the destruction of Jerusalem dating than the dates given for Oilialla of 1023 BC or even 787BC.
Reviewing these dating systems shows a bracketing of the destruction of Jerusalem dating, and indicates to me that it could be within the realm of possibility.
See separately: TAMA TEPHI.
CHILDREN of Oilialla, Son of Siorna:
- GIALLCHADH (Gíallchad-S3)(Giallchaidh-S4), 37th King of Ireland. He took power after killing his predecessor, and the son of his grandfather's killer, Elim Olfínechta, in the battle of Comair Trí nUisce. He is said to have taken one out of every five men of Munster hostage. He reigned for nine years, before being killed by Elim's son Art Imlech at Mag Muaide. The Lebor Gabála Érenn synchronises his reign with that of Phraortes of the Medes (665-633 BC). The chronology of Geoffrey Keating's Foras Feasa ar Éirinn dates his reign to 786-777 BC, that of the Annals of the Four Masters to 1023-1014 BC.
- [S1]. Hoeh, Herman. Compendium of World History. Volume 1. http://cgca.net/coglinks/wcglit/hoehcompendium/hhc1toc.htm. QUOTES as sources: a) The Irish Prince and the Hebrew Prophet, New York, 1896, pages 137-145. b) Domestic Annals as preserved by O'Flaherty in his 'Ogygia.'
- [S2]. Womack Genealogy. http://homepages.rootsweb.com/~markie/jpage3.htm.
- [S3]. Wikipedia, the Free Encyclopedia.
- [S4]. Annals of the Four Masters. Corpus of Electronic Texts Edition. http://www.ucc.ie/celt/published/T100005A/.
- [S5]. One hundred thirty-eight generations from Adam : being a pedigree traced from Adam to the present time. Internet Archive. http://www.archive.org/stream/onehundredthirty00cong/onehundredthirty00cong_djvu.txt.
- [S6]. Maid of Destiny. Descendants of Tamar Tephi. http://maidofdestiny.blogspot.com/2011/03/descendants-of-tamar-tephi.html.
- [S7]. Brit-Am Now"-823. http://britam.org/now/823Now.html.
- [S8]. Queen Elizabeth II descendant to King David. Nicholas Bridgewater. Message Boards. Ancestry.com. http://boards.ancestry.com/topics.royalty.general/43.52/mb.ashx.
- [S9]. GENEALOGY BACK TO BEFORE 1700 B.C. Gerard Patrick Moran. http://celticowboy.com/ancientgen.htm.
- [S10]. Oilioll Olchaoin Mac Siorna. https://www.genealogieonline.nl/en/stamboom-homs/I6000000002188125254.php. [NOTE: This website says Tama Tephi was the wife of Siorna].
HOW ARE WE RELATED:
- OILIALLA. (Eochaid I), King of Ireland. married TAMA TEPHI
- GIALLCHADH, the 37th King of Ireland, 561BC-552BC.
- NUADH (Nuadhas Fionnfail), the 39th King of Ireland, 540BC-527BC.
- Aedan Glas. (Aodhan Glas). The Annals of the Four Masters does not list Aedan Glas as a ruler, which has created confusion in some lists.
- Simon Breac. (Siomon Breac), the 44th King of Ireland, 483BC-477BC.
- MUIREADHACH (Muirteadach Boigrach), the 46th King of Ireland, 469BC-468BC.
- FAICHAGH (Fiachadh Toigrach), the 55th King of Ireland, about 407BC.
- DUACH (Duach Laidhrach), the 59th King of Ireland, 381BC-371BC.
- EOCHAIDH (Eochaidh Buailgllerg)(Eochaidh Buadhach).
- UGAINE MOR, the Great, the 66th King of Ireland, 330BC-300BC.
- Cobhthach Coalbreag (Cobhthach Cael Breagh), the 69th King of Ireland, 284BC-267BC.
- Meilage Aminadab (Mellage, Melg Molbhthach, Melghe Molbhthach), the 71st King of Ireland, 253BC-241BC.
- JURAN Gleofathach (Jaran, Iarn, Irereo), the 74th King of Ireland, 228BC-222BC.
- Conla Cruaidh Cealgach (Connla Caemh), the 76th King of Ireland, 215BC-211BC.
- OILIALLA Caisfhaiclach. 77th King of Ireland, 211BC-186BC.
- EOCHAIDH Foitleathan (Eochaidh Ailtleathan). 79th King of Ireland, 181BC-174BC.
- Aengus Tuirheach Teamhrach. (Angus II)(Oengus). 81st High King of Ireland, 162BC-130BC. md Magach ingen Fergusa.
- Fiachu Fer Mara mac Aengusa.
- Ailill Erann mac Fiachach.
- Fearadhach mac Ailella. md Urlachan.
- Fergus mac Feradaig, King of Caledonia.
- Maine Mor mac Fergusa, King of Caledonia
- Airndil Dornaidel Nimrod mac Maine, King of Caledonia.
- Rothrer mac Airndil. King of Caledonia.
- Trer mac Rotherer.
- Roshin mac Trer Ui Eremoin.
- Suin Mac Rosin. King of Dalriada.
- Dedad Deagha mac Suin.
- Ivar Mór Ottangus mac Deadha. md Sinusa.
- Ailill Anglonnach Aulomm. md Maedhb ingen Echdach.
- Eogan Eoghan Ottaongus MacAilell. md Muncha ingen Dil o Crecraighe.
- Eterscél Mór mac Eoghan. King of Ireland. md Mess Buachalla ingen Echach
- Conaire I Mor mac Etersceoil .
- Cairpre Finn Mor mac Conaire ui Eremoin. (20AD-71AD).
- Daire Dorn Mor mac Cairpre. King of Caledonia.
- Coirpre Cromcheann mac Daire. King of Caledonia. (c55AD-103AD).
- Luctacus mac Caibre. (Lugaid Allathach). King of Caledonia. (c78AD-109AD).
- Mogh Lamha Lamha mac Lugdach. King of Scotland. (c110AD-?). md Eithne.
- Conaire Caem mac Modh Lamha. (c125AD-165AD). Established Kingdom of Dalriada, Ireland. Md Saraid ingen Cuinn Ceadcatha
- Eochaid Cairbre Riata mac Conaire. (c148AD-186AD). King of Dál Riata, Ireland. Md Morgan Finn NicFideach Ohailill
- Fiachra Cathmail mac Echach. (c175AD-252AD). of Dalriada, Ireland.
- Eochaid Antoit mac Fiachrach. (203AD-272AD). King of Dalriata.
- Achir Cirre mac Echach. (c231AD-294AD). King of Dalriada Ireland
- Finn Fiacc mac Achir. (249AD-303AD). King of Dalriada Ireland.
- Cruitluithe mac Finn. (c270AD-317AD). King od Dalriada Ireland.
- Senchormac Fincormach mac Cruithluithe. (c280AD-338AD). King of Dalriada Ireland.
- Fedelmid Ruamach mac Senchormac. (c304AD-?). King of Dalriada Ireland.
- Aengus Buiding mac Feideilmid. King of Dalriada Ireland.
- Fedelmid Aislingich Fedlimid Aisling. King of Dalriada, Ireland
- Aengus Fert mac Feideilmid.. King of Dalriada, Ireland
- Eochaid Muinremuir mac Oengus. King of Dalriada Ireland. (c380AD-439AD).
- ERC mac Echach. (c400AD-474AD). Had 12 sons, six stayed in Ireland, six moved to Scotland.
- FERGUS Mor Mac Erca Came to Scotland about 420 AD. (?-487AD).
- DOMANGART I (Dongard) (?-457AD)
- GABHRAN (Conran) (d. 535 AD)
- AIDAN of Argyll (Edhan) (?-608AD)
- EOCHAIDH I Buidhe (Eugene IV) (d.622AD)
- DOMNALL BREC (Donald IV) (?-c642AD)
- DOMANGART II MacDomnall (?-673AD)
- EOICHAID of Argyl (?-698AD) md. Entfidich
- EOICHAID III (?-733AD)
- Aed Find (Etfinus, Ethafind) (d. 761 AD) m. Fergina
- EOCHAID Achaias (d. 819 AD) m. Fergusia
- ALPIN MacEochaid (d. 834 AD)
- Kenneth II MacAlpin (c810-854AD)
- Constantin I, King of Scotland (d. 874 AD)
- DONALD II, King of Scotland (d. 903 AD)
- MALCOLM I, King of Scotland (?-954AD)
- KENNETH II, King of Scotland (?-995AD)
- MALCOLM II, King of Scotland (c954-1034AD)
- Bethoc (Beatrix) md. Crinan of Dunkeld.
- Duncan I, The Gracious (c1001-1040) md. Aelflaed (Sybil) of Northumbria
- MALCOLM III Caenmore (A.D.1055-1093) md. Margarethe of England
Our Line of Descent from Malcolm III:
MALCOLM III Caenmore (A.D.1055-1093) md. Margarethe of England
DAIVD I, The Saint, md. Maud of Northcumberland EDITH, md Henry I, King of England
HENRY of Huntingdon md. Adama of Surrey Matilda. (Maud) She married (1) Henry V of Germany. she married (2) Geoffrey V, Count of Anjou and Maine.
David of Huntingdon md. Maud of Chester HENRY II, King of England md Ida, Countess of Norfolk
Isabella of Huntingdon md. Robert IV de Brus William I Longspee md Ela Fitzpatrick
Robert V de Brus md. Isabella de Clare, of Gloucester William II Longspee md Idonie de Camville
Robert VI de Brus md. Marjorie of Carrick Ela Longspee md James de Audley
Robert I Bruce md. Isabella of Mar Hugh de Audley md Isolde de Mortimer
Margary Bruce md. Walter Stewart III Hugh de Audley md Margaret de Clare
Robert II md. Euphemia of Ross Margaret de Audley. md Ralph de Stafford
Robert III (Stuart) md. Arabella Drummond Hugh Stafford. md Philippa de Beauchamp
James I, King of Scotland md. Joan Beaufort Edmund Stafford. md Anne of Gloucester
Joan STEWART (STUART) md. James DOUGLAS III, Earl of Morton Humphrey Stafford. md Anne Neville
Janet DOUGLAS (c1461-1489). md. Patrick HEPBURN Margaret Stafford md Robert Dunham
Jane HEPBURN (1485-c1558). md. George SEATON John Dunham md Elizabeth Bowett
George SEATON III (c1508-1549). md. Elizabeth HAY John Dunham II md Jean Thorland
Marion SEATON (1528-1567). md. John GRAHAM John Dunham III md Benedict Folgamsee
Margaret (Mary) GRAHAM md. George BUCHANAN Ralph Dunham. He married Elizabeth Wentworth.
Margaret Helen BUCHANAN md. (Sir) Alexander COLQUHOUN Thomas Dunham. He married Jane Bromley.
(Sir) Alexander COLQUHOUN md. Marion Stirling (Sterling) John Dunham Sr.. He married Susanna Kenney/Keno.
(Sir) John COLQUHOUN (1595 or1632-c1647) md. Rebecca Short John Dunham Jr.. He married Mary.
William CAHOON (1633-1675) md. Deliverence PECK Mary Dunham. She married James Hamblin
Joseph CAHOON (1665-1710) md. (2) Elizabeth SCRANTON Elkenah Hamblin. He married Abigail Hamblin.
Ebenezer CAHOON md. Mary REYNOLDS Sylvanus Hamblin. He married Dorcas Fish.
William CAHOONE md. (2) Elizabeth VAUGHAN Barnabus Hamblin. He married Mary Bassett.
William CAHOON md. (2) Mary SMITH Isaiah Hamblin. He married Daphne Haynes.
Mary CAHOON md. David ELLIOTT Jacob Vernon Hamblin md Sarah Priscilla Leavitt.
Peter Mack ELLIOTT md. Charlotte ALVORD Ella Ann Hamblin = Warren Moroni Tenney
Harriett Louisa ELLIOTT md. James Newberry MORRIS Clive Vernon Tenney = Minnie Williams
Eli Ray MORRIS (1892-1980) md. Tina Matilda KUNZLER Mildred Ella Tenney = Glenn Russell Handy
LeGrand Elliott MORRIS md. Dorothea Bertha Ernestine Kersten |
Rodney Allen MORRIS -- married -- Deborah Lee Handy