HOME ~ Contact us
Roger MESNILWARIN. (Roger Mesnil Warin-S3). [see PC M2-10-4-5-1-1]. [see CHART A20-Manwaring Family].
Born about 1070 in Cheshire, England; son of Randulfus.
Note: S3 says there is a generation between Roger and Randulfus:
He witnessed a charter by brother to the Abbey of St. Werbergh 1093. (S2).
He gave Plumley to the Chester Abbey of St. Werbergh, England before 1119. (S1,S2). His sons Randel, William and Wido were named in the 1119 document. (S2).
He died after 1119 in Cheshire, England. (S2).
CHILDREN of Roger MESNILWARIN:
- William MESNILWARIN. [see PC M2-10-4-5-1]. William Mesnilwarin, son of Roger, was a witness to his father's grant of Plumley to Chester Abbey in 1119, with his brother Randle, who was listed in William's place in the pedigree in Rylands' edition of the Visitation of Cheshire.
- Randle Mesnilwarin. (S1,S2).
- Wido Mesnilwarin. (S2).
- [S1]. Mainwaring. Tod's Slice Of The Web. http://todmar.net/ancestry/Mainwaring_main.htm
- [S2]. Roger (Mainwaring) de Mainwaring (abt. 1070 - aft. 1119). WikiTree. http://www.wikitree.com/wiki/Mainwaring-370. QUOTES as sources: a) Genealogy of Shropshire [by Joseph Morris] vol. 3 p. 1116; b) The History of the County Palatine and City of Chester (1882), Ormerod, George, ( vol. 1 p. 478; vol. 3 p. 226, 229. c) A short history of the Mainwaring family (1890), Finley, Reginald Mainwaring, (1890. Facsimile reprint, London: The Research Publishing Co., 1976), p. 29.
- [S3]. A Short History of the Mainwaring Family. by R. Mainwaring Finley. London: Griffith, Farran Ckeden & Welsh. Newbery House, Charing Cross Road. 1890.