HOME ~ Contact us
Jehoram, King of Judah, and Athaliah
Jehoram. King of Judah. [CHART A7].
Son of JEHOSHAPHAT.
And Jehoshaphat slept with his fathers, and was buried with his fathers in the city of David his father: and Jehoram his son reigned in his stead. 1 Kings 22:50.
So he [Ahaziah, King of Israel] died according to the word of the LORD which Elijah had spoken. And Jehoram reigned in his stead in the second year of Jehoram the son of Jehoshaphat king of Judah; because he had no son. 2 Kings 1:17.
Timing of Jehoram. Do not confuse with Jehoram, son of Ahab, but we use reference to him here to indicate the timing of Jehoram the son of Jehoshaphat.
1Now Jehoram the son of Ahab began to reign over Israel in Samaria the eighteenth year of Jehoshaphat king of Judah, and reigned twelve years 2 Kings 3:1.
16 And in the fifth year of Joram the son of Ahab king of Israel, Jehoshaphat being then king of Judah, Jehoram the son of Jehoshaphat king of Judah began to reign. 17 Thirty and two years old was he when he began to reign; and he reigned eight years in Jerusalem. 18 And he walked in the way of the kings of Israel, as did the house of Ahab: for the daughter of Ahab was his wife: and he did evil in the sight of the LORD. 2 Kings 8:16-18.
19 Yet the LORD would not destroy Judah for David his servant's sake, as he promised him to give him alway a light, and to his children.
20 In his days Edom revolted from under the hand of Judah, and made a king over themselves.
21 So Joram went over to Zair, and all the chariots with him: and he rose by night, and smote the Edomites which compassed him about, and the captains of the chariots: and the people fled into their tents.
22 Yet Edom revolted from under the hand of Judah unto this day. Then Libnah revolted at the same time.
23 And the rest of the acts of Joram, and all that he did, are they not written in the book of the chronicles of the kings of Judah?
24 And Joram slept with his fathers, and was buried with his fathers in the city of David: and Ahaziah his son reigned in his stead.
25 In the twelfth year of Joram the son of Ahab king of Israel did Ahaziah the son of Jehoram king of Judah begin to reign.
26 Two and twenty years old was Ahaziah when he began to reign; and he reigned one year in Jerusalem. And his mother's name was Athaliah, the daughter of Omri king of Israel.
27 And he walked in the way of the house of Ahab, and did evil in the sight of the LORD, as did the house of Ahab: for he was the son in law of the house of Ahab.
2 Kings 8:19-27.
17Then Hazael king of Syria went up, and fought against Gath, and took it: and Hazael set his face to go up to Jerusalem. 18And Jehoash king of Judah took all the hallowed things that Jehoshaphat, and Jehoram, and Ahaziah, his fathers, kings of Judah, had dedicated, and his own hallowed things, and all the gold [that was] found in the treasures of the house of the LORD, and in the king's house, and sent [it] to Hazael king of Syria: and he went away from Jerusalem. 2 Kings 12:17-18.
2 Chronicles, Chapter 21:
1 Now Jehoshaphat slept with his fathers, and was buried with his fathers in the city of David. And Jehoram his son reigned in his stead.
2 And he had brethren the sons of Jehoshaphat, Azariah, and Jehiel, and Zechariah, and Azariah, and Michael, and Shephatiah: all these were the sons of Jehoshaphat king of Israel.
3 And their father gave them great gifts of silver, and of gold, and of precious things, with fenced cities in Judah: but the kingdom gave he to Jehoram; because he was the firstborn.
4 Now when Jehoram was risen up to the kingdom of his father, he strengthened himself, and slew all his brethren with the sword, and divers also of the princes of Israel.
5 Jehoram was thirty and two years old when he began to reign, and he reigned eight years in Jerusalem.
6 And he walked in the way of the kings of Israel, like as did the house of Ahab: for he had the daughter of Ahab to wife: and he wrought that which was evil in the eyes of the LORD.
7 Howbeit the LORD would not destroy the house of David, because of the covenant that he had made with David, and as he promised to give a light to him and to his sons for ever.
8 In his days the Edomites revolted from under the dominion of Judah, and made themselves a king.
9 Then Jehoram went forth with his princes, and all his chariots with him: and he rose up by night, and smote the Edomites which compassed him in, and the captains of the chariots.
10 So the Edomites revolted from under the hand of Judah unto this day. The same time also did Libnah revolt from under his hand; because he had forsaken the LORD God of his fathers.
11 Moreover he made high places in the mountains of Judah, and caused the inhabitants of Jerusalem to commit fornication, and compelled Judah thereto.
12 And there came a writing to him from Elijah the prophet, saying, Thus saith the LORD God of David thy father, Because thou hast not walked in the ways of Jehoshaphat thy father, nor in the ways of Asa king of Judah,
13 But hast walked in the way of the kings of Israel, and hast made Judah and the inhabitants of Jerusalem to go a whoring, like to the whoredoms of the house of Ahab, and also hast slain thy brethren of thy father's house, which were better than thyself:
14 Behold, with a great plague will the LORD smite thy people, and thy children, and thy wives, and all thy goods:
15 And thou shalt have great sickness by disease of thy bowels, until thy bowels fall out by reason of the sickness day by day.
16 Moreover the LORD stirred up against Jehoram the spirit of the Philistines, and of the Arabians, that were near the Ethiopians:
17 And they came up into Judah, and brake into it, and carried away all the substance that was found in the king's house, and his sons also, and his wives; so that there was never a son left him, save Jehoahaz, the youngest of his sons
18 And after all this the LORD smote him in his bowels with an incurable disease.
19 And it came to pass, that in process of time, after the end of two years, his bowels fell out by reason of his sickness: so he died of sore diseases. And his people made no burning for him, like the burning of his fathers.
20 Thirty and two years old was he when he began to reign, and he reigned in Jerusalem eight years, and departed without being desired. Howbeit they buried him in the city of David, but not in the sepulchres of the kings.
2 Chronicles, Chapter 21.
1 And the inhabitants of Jerusalem made Ahaziah his youngest son king in his stead: for the band of men that came with the Arabians to the camp had slain all the eldest. So Ahaziah the son of Jehoram king of Judah reigned. 2 Forty and two years old was Ahaziah when he began to reign, and he reigned one year in Jerusalem. His mother's name also was Athaliah the daughter of Omri. 2 Chronicles 22:1-2.
Daughter of Omri. 2 Chronicles 22:1-2.
CHILDREN of Jehoram:
- AHAZIAH. [CHART A7].
- [S1]. The Holy Bible. KJV. http://www.kingjamesbibleonline.org/.
HOW ARE WE RELATED:
- Jehoram. King of Judah. md. Athaliah
- Ahaziah. King of Judah. md. Zibiah
- Joash. King of Judah. md. Jehoaddan
- Amaziah. King of Judah. md. Jecholiah
- Uzziah, King of Judah. King of Judah. md. Jerusha
- Jotham, King of Judah. King of Judah.
- Ahaz, King of Judah md. Abijah
- Hezekiah, King of Judah md. Hephzibah
- Manasseh, King of Judah md. Meshullemeth
- AMON, King of Judah md. Jedidiah
- JOSIAH, King of Judah md. Hammutal
- ZEDEKIAH, King of Judah
- TAMA TEPHI married OILIALLA. (Eochaid I), King of Ireland.
- GIALLCHADH, the 37th King of Ireland, 561BC-552BC.
- NUADH (Nuadhas Fionnfail), the 39th King of Ireland, 540BC-527BC.
- Aedan Glas. (Aodhan Glas). The Annals of the Four Masters does not list Aedan Glas as a ruler, which has created confusion in some lists.
- Simon Breac. (Siomon Breac), the 44th King of Ireland, 483BC-477BC.
- MUIREADHACH (Muirteadach Boigrach), the 46th King of Ireland, 469BC-468BC.
- FAICHAGH (Fiachadh Toigrach), the 55th King of Ireland, about 407BC.
- DUACH (Duach Laidhrach), the 59th King of Ireland, 381BC-371BC.
- EOCHAIDH (Eochaidh Buailgllerg)(Eochaidh Buadhach).
- UGAINE MOR, the Great, the 66th King of Ireland, 330BC-300BC.
- Cobhthach Coalbreag (Cobhthach Cael Breagh), the 69th King of Ireland, 284BC-267BC.
- Meilage Aminadab (Mellage, Melg Molbhthach, Melghe Molbhthach), the 71st King of Ireland, 253BC-241BC.
- JURAN Gleofathach (Jaran, Iarn, Irereo), the 74th King of Ireland, 228BC-222BC.
- Conla Cruaidh Cealgach (Connla Caemh), the 76th King of Ireland, 215BC-211BC.
- OILIALLA Caisfhaiclach. 77th King of Ireland, 211BC-186BC.
- EOCHAIDH Foitleathan (Eochaidh Ailtleathan). 79th King of Ireland, 181BC-174BC.
- Aengus Tuirheach Teamhrach. (Angus II)(Oengus). 81st High King of Ireland, 162BC-130BC. md Magach ingen Fergusa.
- Fiachu Fer Mara mac Aengusa.
- Ailill Erann mac Fiachach.
- Fearadhach mac Ailella. md Urlachan.
- Fergus mac Feradaig, King of Caledonia.
- Maine Mor mac Fergusa, King of Caledonia
- Airndil Dornaidel Nimrod mac Maine, King of Caledonia.
- Rothrer mac Airndil. King of Caledonia.
- Trer mac Rotherer.
- Roshin mac Trer Ui Eremoin.
- Suin Mac Rosin. King of Dalriada.
- Dedad Deagha mac Suin.
- Ivar Mór Ottangus mac Deadha. md Sinusa.
- Ailill Anglonnach Aulomm. md Maedhb ingen Echdach.
- Eogan Eoghan Ottaongus MacAilell. md Muncha ingen Dil o Crecraighe.
- Eterscél Mór mac Eoghan. King of Ireland. md Mess Buachalla ingen Echach
- Conaire I Mor mac Etersceoil .
- Cairpre Finn Mor mac Conaire ui Eremoin. (20AD-71AD).
- Daire Dorn Mor mac Cairpre. King of Caledonia.
- Coirpre Cromcheann mac Daire. King of Caledonia. (c55AD-103AD).
- Luctacus mac Caibre. (Lugaid Allathach). King of Caledonia. (c78AD-109AD).
- Mogh Lamha Lamha mac Lugdach. King of Scotland. (c110AD-?). md Eithne.
- Conaire Caem mac Modh Lamha. (c125AD-165AD). Established Kingdom of Dalriada, Ireland. Md Saraid ingen Cuinn Ceadcatha
- Eochaid Cairbre Riata mac Conaire. (c148AD-186AD). King of Dál Riata, Ireland. Md Morgan Finn NicFideach Ohailill
- Fiachra Cathmail mac Echach. (c175AD-252AD). of Dalriada, Ireland.
- Eochaid Antoit mac Fiachrach. (203AD-272AD). King of Dalriata.
- Achir Cirre mac Echach. (c231AD-294AD). King of Dalriada Ireland
- Finn Fiacc mac Achir. (249AD-303AD). King of Dalriada Ireland.
- Cruitluithe mac Finn. (c270AD-317AD). King od Dalriada Ireland.
- Senchormac Fincormach mac Cruithluithe. (c280AD-338AD). King of Dalriada Ireland.
- Fedelmid Ruamach mac Senchormac. (c304AD-?). King of Dalriada Ireland.
- Aengus Buiding mac Feideilmid. King of Dalriada Ireland.
- Fedelmid Aislingich Fedlimid Aisling. King of Dalriada, Ireland
- Aengus Fert mac Feideilmid.. King of Dalriada, Ireland
- Eochaid Muinremuir mac Oengus. King of Dalriada Ireland. (c380AD-439AD).
- ERC mac Echach. (c400AD-474AD). Had 12 sons, six stayed in Ireland, six moved to Scotland.
- FERGUS Mor Mac Erca Came to Scotland about 420 AD. (?-487AD).
- DOMANGART I (Dongard) (?-457AD)
- GABHRAN (Conran) (d. 535 AD)
- AIDAN of Argyll (Edhan) (?-608AD)
- EOCHAIDH I Buidhe (Eugene IV) (d.622AD)
- DOMNALL BREC (Donald IV) (?-c642AD)
- DOMANGART II MacDomnall (?-673AD)
- EOICHAID of Argyl (?-698AD) md. Entfidich
- EOICHAID III (?-733AD)
- Aed Find (Etfinus, Ethafind) (d. 761 AD) m. Fergina
- EOCHAID Achaias (d. 819 AD) m. Fergusia
- ALPIN MacEochaid (d. 834 AD)
- Kenneth II MacAlpin (c810-854AD)
- Constantin I, King of Scotland (d. 874 AD)
- DONALD II, King of Scotland (d. 903 AD)
- MALCOLM I, King of Scotland (?-954AD)
- KENNETH II, King of Scotland (?-995AD)
- MALCOLM II, King of Scotland (c954-1034AD)
- Bethoc (Beatrix) md. Crinan of Dunkeld.
- Duncan I, The Gracious (c1001-1040) md. Aelflaed (Sybil) of Northumbria
- MALCOLM III Caenmore (A.D.1055-1093) md. Margarethe of England
Our Line of Descent from Malcolm III:
MALCOLM III Caenmore (A.D.1055-1093) md. Margarethe of England
DAIVD I, The Saint, md. Maud of Northcumberland EDITH, md Henry I, King of England
HENRY of Huntingdon md. Adama of Surrey Matilda. (Maud) She married (1) Henry V of Germany. she married (2) Geoffrey V, Count of Anjou and Maine.
David of Huntingdon md. Maud of Chester HENRY II, King of England md Ida, Countess of Norfolk
Isabella of Huntingdon md. Robert IV de Brus William I Longspee md Ela Fitzpatrick
Robert V de Brus md. Isabella de Clare, of Gloucester William II Longspee md Idonie de Camville
Robert VI de Brus md. Marjorie of Carrick Ela Longspee md James de Audley
Robert I Bruce md. Isabella of Mar Hugh de Audley md Isolde de Mortimer
Margary Bruce md. Walter Stewart III Hugh de Audley md Margaret de Clare
Robert II md. Euphemia of Ross Margaret de Audley. md Ralph de Stafford
Robert III (Stuart) md. Arabella Drummond Hugh Stafford. md Philippa de Beauchamp
James I, King of Scotland md. Joan Beaufort Edmund Stafford. md Anne of Gloucester
Joan STEWART (STUART) md. James DOUGLAS III, Earl of Morton Humphrey Stafford. md Anne Neville
Janet DOUGLAS (c1461-1489). md. Patrick HEPBURN Margaret Stafford md Robert Dunham
Jane HEPBURN (1485-c1558). md. George SEATON John Dunham md Elizabeth Bowett
George SEATON III (c1508-1549). md. Elizabeth HAY John Dunham II md Jean Thorland
Marion SEATON (1528-1567). md. John GRAHAM John Dunham III md Benedict Folgamsee
Margaret (Mary) GRAHAM md. George BUCHANAN Ralph Dunham. He married Elizabeth Wentworth.
Margaret Helen BUCHANAN md. (Sir) Alexander COLQUHOUN Thomas Dunham. He married Jane Bromley.
(Sir) Alexander COLQUHOUN md. Marion Stirling (Sterling) John Dunham Sr.. He married Susanna Kenney/Keno.
(Sir) John COLQUHOUN (1595 or1632-c1647) md. Rebecca Short John Dunham Jr.. He married Mary.
William CAHOON (1633-1675) md. Deliverence PECK Mary Dunham. She married James Hamblin
Joseph CAHOON (1665-1710) md. (2) Elizabeth SCRANTON Elkenah Hamblin. He married Abigail Hamblin.
Ebenezer CAHOON md. Mary REYNOLDS Sylvanus Hamblin. He married Dorcas Fish.
William CAHOONE md. (2) Elizabeth VAUGHAN Barnabus Hamblin. He married Mary Bassett.
William CAHOON md. (2) Mary SMITH Isaiah Hamblin. He married Daphne Haynes.
Mary CAHOON md. David ELLIOTT Jacob Vernon Hamblin md Sarah Priscilla Leavitt.
Peter Mack ELLIOTT md. Charlotte ALVORD Ella Ann Hamblin = Warren Moroni Tenney
Harriett Louisa ELLIOTT md. James Newberry MORRIS Clive Vernon Tenney = Minnie Williams
Eli Ray MORRIS (1892-1980) md. Tina Matilda KUNZLER Mildred Ella Tenney = Glenn Russell Handy
LeGrand Elliott MORRIS md. Dorothea Bertha Ernestine Kersten |
Rodney Allen MORRIS -- married -- Deborah Lee Handy