HOME ~ Contact us
Moses Gilman and Anne Heard
Born on 3 July 1659 at Exeter, Rockingham County, New Hampshire (S2); son of Moses Gilman and Elizabeth (Hersie-S2)(Hersey-S3).
Was in Exeter with his father, May 10, 1652; received grant of land in that part of E. which is now New Market; was frequently selectman, and in 1694 was succeeded in that office by his son, Moses, Jr. ; took an active and somewhat leading part in town affairs. (S2).
He owned land on the east and west side of Bloody Brook, at Exeter; and the Fresh Meadows, which were commonly called Moses' Meadows. (S1).
He married (1) Anne (Heard-S3). (S1,S2,S3).
He married (2) Elizabeth (Croade-S4). (S1,S2,S4).
Moses died (in 1747-S1)(on 28 October 1747-S2) in Exeter, Rockingham County, New Hampshire. (S2).
Anne Heard. (S3).
CHILDREN of Moses Gilman and Anne Heard:
- Abigail Gilman. Born 24 July 1693. She married John Lord, son of Thomas Lord of Ipswich, on 31 October 1712. They had sixteen children. (S1).
- Moses Gilman. He married Mary Tracy. They lived in Newmarket. He died on 9 January 1769. (S1).
- Ann Gilman. She married Mr. Lougee. (S1).
- Judith Gilman. She married Mr. Smith. (S1).
- Shuah Gilman. (Sarah-S1). She married Abner Thurston. (S1).
- Elizabeth Gilman. She married Samuel Thurston. They had son Samuel born 21 January 1751. (S1).
- [S1]. North America, Family Histories, 1500-2000. Ancestry.com
- [S2]. Moses Gilman. Find-A-Grave. https://www.findagrave.com/memorial/76935680. QUOTES as source: History of Sanbornton, New Hampshire by Rev. M. T. Runnels.
- [S3]. New England Marriages Prior to 1700. Ancestry.com
- [S4]. Millennium File. Ancestry.com