HOME ~ Contact us
Nathaniel Dickinson and Hannah Beardsley
He was christened on 18 Mar 1626-1627 at Billingborough, Lincolnshire, England; son of Nathaniel DICKINSON and Anna GULL.
He is sometimes said to be born 16 August 1643 at Wethersfield, Hartford County, Connecticut; but I suspect that this is confusion with his brother Nehemiah.
Nathaniel married (1) Hannah BEARDSLEY on 25 December 1662 at Stratford, Fairfield County, Connecticut. Hannah died at Hatfield, MA, on 23 February 1679.
Nathaniel married (2) Elizabeth HAWKES, daughter of John Hawkes (ca 1618-30 July 1662) & Elizabeth Browne (on 16 DEC 1680-S6) (ca 1620-20 Sep 1689), at Hatfield, Hampshire County, Massachusetts. She was born on 10 JAN 1647 at Deerfield, MA.. Elizabeth was the widow of Joseph Gillett. Elizabeth died at Hatfield, MA, on 11 OCT 1681
Nathaniel married (3) Elizabeth BURT, daughter of Henry BURT and Eulalia MARCHE on 26 SEP 1684 at Northampton, Massachusetts. Born ca Dec 1638 at Halberton, Devonshire. Baptized on 4 Dec 1638 at Halberton, Devonshire.111 Elizabeth died at Northampton, MA, on 14 Feb 1690/1.
He was a freeman of Hatfield in 1690.
He died on 11 October 1710 at Hatfield, Hampshire County, Massachusetts.
Born in 1642 at Hatfield, Hampshire County, Massachusetts; daughter of William BEARDSLEY and Mary HARVIE.
She married Nathaniel DICKINSON on 25 December 1662 at Stratford, Fairfield County, Connecticut.
She died on 23 FEB 1679 at Hatfield, Hampshire County, Massachusetts.
CHILDREN of Nathaniel DICKINSON and Hannah BEARDSLEY:
- Nathaniel DICKINSONNathaniel DICKINSON. Born 7 MAY (1663-S3,S5)(1668) at Hatfield, Hampshire County, Massachusetts. He married Hepzibah GIBBS in 1684 (1690) at Hadley, Hampshire County, Massachusetts. He died in 1751.
- Hannah DICKINSON. Born in 1666.
- John DICKINSON. Born in 1667. He died in 1761.
- Mary DICKINSON. Born in 1673. She died in 1718.
- Daniel DICKINSON. Born in 1675.
- Rebecca DICKINSON. Born in 1677.
Born on 10 Jan 1647 at Deerfield, Massachusetts; daughter of John Hawkes (ca 1618-30 Jul 1662) & Elizabeth Browne (ca 1620-20 Sep 1689). She married (1) Joseph GILLETT. She married (2) Nathaniel DICKINSON on 16 DEC 1680 at Hatfield, Massachusetts. Elizabeth died at Hatfield, Massachusetts on 11 Oct 1681.
[F1125]. Elizabeth BURT.
Born about DEC 1638 at Harberton (Halberton-S5), Devonshire, England; daughter of Henry BURT [F2250] and Eulalia MARCHE [F2251]. She was christened on 4 DEC 1638 at Harberton, Devonshire, England. She married (1) Samuel WRIGHT [F1124] on 24 NOV 1653. She married (2) Nathaniel Dickinson [F1132] on 26 SEP 1684 at Northampton, Hampshire County, Massachusetts, but had no children with him. She died on 14 FEB 1690-1691 at Northampton, Hampshire County, Massachusetts.
- [S1]. Correspondence from Seletta Pitcher. 9 SEP 1995.
- [S2]. Ancestral File, version 4.15.
- [S3]. Pane-Joyce Genealogy. http://babbage.clarku.edu/~djoyce/gen/report/rr02/rr02_450.html. and http://aleph0.clarku.edu/~djoyce/gen/report/rr06/rr06_005.html and http://aleph0.clarku.edu/~djoyce/gen/report/rr02/rr02_482.html . QUOTES as sources: 1) Clifford L. Stott, "The correct English origins of Nathaniel Dickinson and William Gull, settlers of Wethersfield and Hadley," New Eng. Hist. Gen. Reg., 152 (1998): 159-178. 2) L. M. Boltwood, Genealogies of Hadley Families, Metcalf & Co., Northampton, 1862. 3) Donald Lines Jacobus and Edgar Francis Waterman, Hale, House and Related Families Mainly of the Connecticut River Valley, Connecticut Historical Society, Hartford, 1952. 4) Genealogies and Biographies of Ancient Wethersfield.
- [S4]. Hawkes Family Genealogy Page. http://www.geocities.com/Heartland/Acres/1150/hawkes.html.
- [S5]. Ancestors of David Kipp Conover. http://www.conovergenealogy.com/ancestor-p/p74.htm.
- [S6]. Crocker ~ Ashley Genealogy. Compiled by Tracy Crocker, 14115 41st Avenue North, Plymouth MN 55446 http://www.tracycrocker.com/s2.htm#44. QUOTES as sources: Reynolds, Cuyler. Hudson-Mohawk Genealogical and Family Memoirs, (1911) Lewis Historical, DAR Library Honolulu, Hawaii, 974.74 R334, Vol 1-4.]