Home ~ Our Ancestors ~ Contact us
William DEARBARNE and Agnes HAY
[F15152]. William DEARBARNE. (Dearbarne-S2)(DEAREBARNE)(DEARBORN). [PC T4-7].
Born about 1562-1570 in Willoughby, Lincolnshire, England; son of William DEAREBARNE.
He married (1) Agnes HAY [F15153] on 2 May 1594 in the St. Peter's Church in Markby, Lincolnshire, England. (Now the only thatched church in Lincolnshire County, England). (S2).
He married (2) Jane ____.
William died in 1631 and was buried on 5 November 1631 in Willoughby, Lincolnshire, England. (s2).
He died intestate, and on 9 Dec 1631 administration on the estate of William Dearbarne of Habertoft in Willoughby was granted to his son George Dearbarne of Sloothby, weaver. The inventory of the estate, which totalled L35-18-2, listed a debt of 20 shillings owed the estate by Godfrey Dearbarne (Consistory Court of Lincoln, Admons, 1631 No. 41).
[F15153]. Agnes HAY. (Agnes-S2)(Ane-S2).
Agnes was born around 1573 in Devonshire, England. She married William DEARBORN [F15152] on 2 May 1594 in Markby, England. It appears that she died as a result of childbirth in 1613. Agnes was buried on 29 August 1613 in Willoughby, Lincolnshire, England. A child (Saraye-S2) buried in Willoughby just over a week later was probably her daughter. (S2).
CHILDREN of William DEARBARNE [F15152] and Agnes HAY [F15153]:
- Jane DEARBARNE. Probably the daughter of William and Agnes. Christened on 10 August 1595 in Willoughby, Lincolnshire, England. She was buried on 25 June 1596 in Willoughby, Lincolnshire, England.
- George DEARBORN. Born about 1597. Christened 10 March 1597-1598 at Willoughby, Lincolnshire, England. A weaver. Of Sloothby. He married Helen (Helena-S2) ROBINSON on 24 June 1624 at Willoughby, Linclonshire, England. They had three children; Sheffield, Luch, and Susanna.
- Thomas DEARBORN. Born about 1600. Christened 23 December 1600 in Willoughby, Lincolnshire, England. He married Susan GREENE on 12 August 1627 at Willoughby, Lincolnshire, England.
- [F7576]. Godfrey DEARBORN. Born about 1599-1603 at Exeter, Devonshire, England. Christened on 24 September 1603 at Willoughby, Lincolnshire, England. He married (1) Lucy Richardson [F7577]. He married (2) Anne. He married (3) Dorothy, widow DALTON, in 1662. He died 4 February 1686 at Hampton, Rockingham County, New Hampshire.
- Henry DEARBORN. Born about 1609. Christened 8 October 1609 at Willoughby, Lincolnshire, England.
- Sarah DEARBARNE. (Saraye-S2). This is probably the daughter of William Bearbarne and Agnes Hay, who died just over a week after her mother. (S2).
She was buried on 16 November 1628 in Willoughby, Lincolnshire, England. (S2).
- [S1]. Descendants of (Dearebarne) Dearborn. Donna and Patrick Cator. http://catorfamily.com/genealogy/dearborns.html. QUOTES as sources: http://archiver.rootsweb.com/th/read/DEARBORN/1997-11/0878574366.
- [S2]. The Lincolnshire Origin of some Exeter Settlers. V. C. Sanborn. 1914. Boston. Reprinted from New England Historical and Genealogical Register for January 1914.